Invisalign (Clear Braces)
Invisalign offers a way to move your teeth without the brackets and wires of traditional braces. Instead, it uses a series of custom-made, clear plastic aligners to gradually shift your teeth into place with the comfort of knowing your dentist is keeping track of your overall oral health throughout the process.
Why do so many people love Invisalign?
- It is invisible – This system is great for both teens and adults because Invisalign is virtually invisible. These clear aligners eliminate the need for bulky brackets on your teeth, so you can straighten your smile discretely.
- You can remove your aligners at any time – Eating, brushing your teeth, and flossing are so much easier with the Invisalign system. You can take your trays out whenever necessary, making them much more comfortable and convenient. But, just remember – if the trays are not in your mouth, they are not doing their job!
- It is highly convenient – Using the Invisalign system is incredibly easy. You will be given your new aligner trays in increments so the dentist will only need to check in on your progress every four to six weeks.
- It is comfortable – Without the need for brackets and wires, Invisalign is actually much more comfortable than braces. No metal devices on your teeth means you won’t need to worry about cutting your lips or cheeks while wearing them.
The Invisalign Process
The process of getting started with Invisalign is quicker and simpler than you might think.
- Schedule your consultation. In order to begin the Invisalign system, Dr. Lee will do an examination to determine whether or not this system is right for you. Invisalign can treat a wide array of orthodontic issues— including overcrowding, malformed bites, gaps, misalignment, and more— so if you’re in generally good health, it is probable that this system will be beneficial to you.
- Get fitted for your custom-made aligners. Your Invisalign trays are made specifically for your teeth. This means we will need to take dental impressions of your mouth, photographs, and make a record of your bite.
- Review Invisalign treatment plan. Before moving forward with the process, you will have the opportunity to review the treatment plan created for you specifically. This will ensure you are happy with the projected final results and understand your overall cost.
- Follow your Invisalign treatment plan. When using the Invisalign system, you will be given a new set of invisible aligners in increments. Be certain to wear the trays for at least 20-22 hours every day, and only really take them out for eating, brushing, and flossing if possible. You will have appointments with Dr. Lee every four to six weeks, which will allow us to track your progress. By following your dentist’s instructions for use and maintenance, you’ll begin seeing results in no time!
- Enjoy your results. You’ll love your newly straightened smile. After your treatment is complete, you will receive a custom-made retainer. This will allow you to enjoy the results for the rest of your life!